    attached cds using USB cd?
    Please help me

    Maciek

    BIGFOOT, Aug 19, 2003

  2. BIGFOOT

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Aug 19, 2003

  3. You need to modify the boot image to load the apprpriate drivers for your
    drive.
    I have message in the begining of process
    "....Initio IEEE-1394 CDROM driver version 1.12
    driver name is CDROM1
    Unable to open ASPI Manager
    Initialization failed......
    Device driver not found:'CDROM1'
    No valid CDROM device driver selected.
    Invalid drive specyfication
    Invalid drive specyfication
    Invalid drive specyfication
    Invalid directory......
    a:/ "

    I use to boot the machine not original CD-210PU TEAC USB
    cdrom instead firewire ACER combo CDRW/DVD drive.

    When I read any specyfications of the tablet - model
    which I have , Travelmate C102TCI is equipped in usb
    cdrom or firewire drive, than it should work with usb
    drive as well.

    I can show autoexec.bat

    "@echo off
    REM
    REM Acer Recovery CD AUTOEXEC.BAT file
    REM Copyright 1999 Acer Incorporated
    REM ver 103
    REM ----------------------------------------

    set Master=z:

    cls
    echo Checking the status of your hard disk...
    echo.
    rem Checking hard disk status
    a:\tools\ASKHDD2
    if errorlevel 3 goto HDDNG
    if errorlevel 2 goto Format
    if errorlevel 1 goto Format
    goto Format

    :HDDNG
    path=a:\;a:\tools;
    rem a:\tools\smartdrv.exe
    a:\duse init >NUL
    lh A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CD-R01 /S /M:0 /V /L:z
    cls
    @echo No hard disk found!
    goto xit

    :Format
    REM Hard disk exist and formated.
    rem a:\tools\smartdrv.exe
    set HDD=FORMATED
    REM call a:\GETRAMDR.BAT
    call a:\SetRamdr.bat
    IF NOT '%RAMDRIVE2%'=='' GOTO ramok
    GOTO xit

    :Format1
    REM Hard disk exist and unformat.
    set HDD=UNFORMAT
    rem call a:\GETRAMDR.BAT
    call a:\SetRamdr.bat
    IF NOT '%RAMDRIVE2%'=='' GOTO ramok
    GOTO xit

    :ramok
    set COMSPEC=%RAMDRIVE2%\COMMAND.COM
    copy a:\command.com %RAMDRIVE2%\ > NUL
    copy a:\Tools\*.* %RAMDRIVE2%\ > NUL
    copy a:\recovery.bat %RAMDRIVE2% > NUL
    path=%RAMDRIVE2%\;%MASTER%\
    lh A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CDROM1 /S /M:5 /V /L:z
    if errorlevel 1 goto USBDRV
    if errorlevel 0 goto 1394DRV

    :USBDRV
    a:\duse init >NUL
    lh A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CDROM1 /S /M:5 /V /L:z

    :1394DRV
    rem a:\tools\smartdrv.exe -z >NUL
    cls
    rem a:\Enmfg 10 "Start Preload" c:\faudit.tag
    lh a:\mouse.exe
    copy z:\model.dat %RAMDRIVE2%\ > NUL
    z:\tools\gdisk.exe >> %RAMDRIVE2%\HD.tmp
    %RAMDRIVE2%
    recovery.bat
    goto xit

    REM :Verify
    REM del c:\Preload.tag
    REM if exist z:\patch\patch.bat goto PATCH
    REM goto xit

    REM ATCH
    REM echo Please waitting...
    REM z:\
    REM cd patch
    REM patch
    REM echo Please remove
    REM eject

    :xit
    "

    and config.sys

    "DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS /TESTMEM:OFF
    ;DEVICE=EMM386.EXE NOEMS
    DOS=HIGH,UMB
    DEVICE=EMM386.EXE
    SHELL=A:\Command.com /P /E:512
    devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 3072
    ;devicehigh=a:\duse.exe verbose drives=2 xfer=8 sec=2048
    late cdwait=0 cdd=CDROM1 VFLOP
    DEVICEHIGH=INI1394.SYS /BOOT=A
    DEVICEHIGH=I1394CD.SYS /D:CDROM1
    "

    What can be wrong , please help me?

    Maciek

    Poolsharkie69, Aug 22, 2003
  4. BIGFOOT

    bigfoot Guest

    OK - but how to do it

    bigfoot, Aug 24, 2003
  5. take a look at www.tabletpcbuzz.com search oin the forums for restore from
    cd-rom...should giv eyou some pointers there....or email me direct
    OK - but how to do it

    Poolsharkie69, Aug 25, 2003