    versus

    $1,158.00* for 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT

    with the rest the same. Why do they do that?

    amandaf37, Sep 3, 2007

  2. The 14.1" LCD is probably 4:3 aspect ratio, while the 15.4" LCD is
    probably "widescreen". In such a situation, the 14.1" LCD may actually
    be larger (in terms of AREA). Also, the 14.1" LCD is definitely made in
    smaller volume than the 15.4" LCD. Finally, it's harder to cool a
    smaller laptop with the same "stuff" inside, and some more exotic
    cooling systems may have been required. Plus, again, it's a different
    model that had to be designed from scratch, and it's undoubtedly sold in
    much lower volume and quantities.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 3, 2007

  3. amandaf37

    Quaoar Guest

    Most of what I've seen in 14.1 inch LCDs are widescreen; the difference
    might be the physically smaller pixel size on the smaller screens. All
    of the 14.1 inch screens I've seen are on HP notebooks.

    Quaoar, Sep 4, 2007
  4. amandaf37

    amandaf37 Guest

    Smaller pixel coast more even though in this 14.1 SXGA+ compared to
    15.4 WSXGA+ ?

    amandaf37, Sep 4, 2007
  5. amandaf37

    mm Guest

    So, 14.1 SXGA+ TFT costs more for smaller pixel compared to
    $1,158.00* for 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT as stated in http://tinyurl.com/2hngkc?

    mm, Sep 4, 2007
  6. amandaf37

    amandaf37 Guest