    Is there a way I can print this file? Please help. I really
    would appreciate any pointers.

    thx. in advance.

    tang91766, Mar 11, 2005

  2. tang91766

    larwe Guest

    I have some text documents from open office that has an
    extention
    Word only opens its own closed, proprietary formats and a few formats
    it's trying to supplant.

    Install OpenOffice on your computer. It's a free download from
    openoffice.org, and it's available for Windows as well as other
    platforms.

    Note that you can export to MS-word format from OpenOffice, but
    complicated formatting isn't guaranteed to survive.

    larwe, Mar 11, 2005

  3. tang91766

    J. Clarke Guest

    Your options are to (a) have whoever gave it to you give you a copy in a
    usable format, or (b) install OpenOffice somewhere.

    J. Clarke, Mar 11, 2005