    Problem solved.

    Hope this helps if you get into a similar situation -- man it was fucking
    frustrating!

    LionOfJudah, Oct 3, 2003

  2. LionOfJudah

    JAD Guest

    its the 5/14 causing the boot problem...most likely....old machine? or antique hardware?

    JAD, Oct 3, 2003

  3. LionOfJudah

    LionOfJudah Guest

    antique hardware?

    You might be right...the 5.25 is an older floppy. My machine is pretty
    modern RADEON 8500 on Athlon 1700+ (at the moment). Not exactly an old
    machine.

    But since I disconnected both floppies all is well and fine.

    If I ever need to use the floppies I'll use them in safe mode command prompt
    only.

    LionOfJudah, Oct 3, 2003
  4. LionOfJudah

    Ben Pope Guest

    Yeah, you could be right... Wasn't floppy controller design a tad different
    over 10 years ago?

    I seem to recall seeing something about post '91 something model when Linux
    boots. I guess there is no support for the older hardware in Windows and it
    FUBARS.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 3, 2003
  5. LionOfJudah

    Tom Lake Guest

    I seem to recall seeing something about post '91 something model when
    Linux
    I have no problems with an IBM (made by Epson) 5.25" 1.2Mb floppy drive in
    my system but did have with a Teac drive. Win XP is more sensitive to
    variations but does work with some drives.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Oct 3, 2003