I know what I want - don't know model ;-)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by jh, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. jh

    jh Guest

    I have a headache ;-) I've a lot of sites and I'm not sure what model should
    I choose...I wrote in topic "what is the fastest today" price isn't so
    important butI'd like to spend no more than 2.200-2.400 USD. Also it will be
    rarely used with batteries - my audio system (RME HDSP) also needs power.
    But I need mobile computer:) I know what I want, but please help me to find
    proper model.

    - Mobile Intel Pentium 4 with HT 2.8 to 3.2GHz
    - Intel 852PM chipset
    { or if you sure that desktop chipset and CPU are better for laptops...)
    - 1GB RAM
    - Fast internal HD min 60GB/5400rpm
    - I'd like to use another HD for audio recording. It can be in a bay or
    external FW.
    - Graphics - ATI/NVidia with min. 64MB fast memory
    - Screen resolution more than 1024x768 (?)
    - In my studio I'd like to use second (external) monitor - LCD 17". Now I
    work with Matrox G550 DualHead video card with two 17" monitors. I'd like to
    work the same way with laptop. Is it possible?
    - At least two USB 2.0 ports
    - IrDA
    - DVD-R
    - TI controller for CardBus port
    - Windows XP Home

    It better if I could buy it in Europe...

    Jacek

    jh, Dec 19, 2003