I need a budget psu, Is that ultra psu a good choice?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006

  2. foreign steel

    Jack Guest

    Not the reply you're probably looking for but the PSU is one of the parts
    I'd spend extra on to get a good quality reliable part.
    The PSU is probably the only part of your PC that can destroy every other
    part of your PC and burn your house down. Spend the extra on a top quality
    item and it should last for years.

    Jack, Aug 6, 2006

  3. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    John Smith, Aug 6, 2006
  4. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    P.S. Forget the 3800+ and go for the 4200+

    John Smith, Aug 6, 2006
  5. foreign steel

    Jack Guest

    TBH if he is building a new PC from scratch rather than upgrading the CPU
    I'd got for an Intel Core 2 Duo.

    Jack, Aug 6, 2006
  6. foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006
  7. OK
    Actually I only need the psu and the processor, I have already the
    other parts and one graphic card ati x800 pro

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103547

    Now you mention the conroe worth the switch from AMD?
    Maybe in a christmas

    foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006
  8. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    Dude, this is an AMD newsgroup, and what you just posted is considered
    trolling. Just some friendly advice.

    John Smith, Aug 6, 2006
  9. foreign steel

    Frodo Guest

    Well, as tittle say I´m next to build an Athlon 64 x2 3800+ based
    system, only question is my budget is very slightly so I´ve been
    searching a budget psu , What do you think about this one?
    Greetings from your neighbor from the south

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1949725

    I believe Fry's Electronics has the Ultra 500 watt for only $10
    On sale for $59.99 with a $50 mail in rebate
    Here in the San Francisco bay area.

    Central Computers has the Antec True-Power 550 Watt for $49.99
    $79.99 with a $30 mail in rebate, 79.99-30=$49.99
    Been working fine in my computer, installed 24 hours ago.
    Sale ends Sunday evening
    http://www.centralcomputers.com/itemdetail.asp?item=POWANTTP204R

    Frodo, Aug 6, 2006
  10. foreign steel

    Jack Guest

    Just because it's an AMD newsgroup doesn't mean that Intel can't be
    mentioned.
    Over the last 10 years all my PC's have been AMD based. However Intel now
    seems to have the superior product and my next PC will probably be a Core 2
    Duo.

    Jack, Aug 6, 2006
  11. The Motherboard I got is the ASUS sli de luxe so I gonna make the
    effort to buy the 4200 plus the 650T psu, besides the person, who buy
    the stuff for me in America has credit in Newegg, or his credit card is
    accepted there, I only pay him a extra fee for pass that stuff trough
    the border and shipping it inside Mex. As many of us bougth with him,
    because of expensive taxes, I could RMA in case the parts come
    defective.
    Thank you, and there was not my intention to start a flaming war.

    foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006
  12. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    John Smith, Aug 6, 2006
  13. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    John Smith, Aug 6, 2006
  14. BUt if I only use one ati card, could I still use it as I have it
    already? I mean single gpu no dual gpu, my only concern is about the
    psu, maybe I later resell this gpu and change for Nvidia as they lower
    their prices:

    foreign steel, Aug 6, 2006
  15. foreign steel

    John Smith Guest

    Shouldn't be a problem. I only mentioned this in case you wanted to upgrade
    to dual GPU's in the future.

    John Smith, Aug 7, 2006