I need a PCI Gigabit card that works with Tiger!

Discussion in 'Apple' started by k9660r, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. k9660r

    k9660r Guest

    My Belkin PCI gigabit/ethernet does not work with Tiger and Belkin says
    they will not update the drivers for it. I paid $25 for this PCI card
    in March and would happily pay another $25 (or so) for another brand if
    anyone can recommend one. I have had no luck. I know this was a big
    issue back when Tiger came out but I am not ready to fork out the bucks
    to convert to Airport.

    I cannot use the built in
    ethernet on my G4 because it was damaged by an electrical surge. I
    bought Tiger back in May and had to revert back to Panther almost
    immediately because of this. The Belkin is recognized in the Network
    Port Configs but the option to select it is dimmed. I was really hoping
    that Apple would somehow find a way to fix this with an OS update but
    apparently they do not have the knowledge to do this.

    If anyone can recommend a PCI gigabit card that works with Tiger that
    is in the $20-$40 range, please help me.

    Thanks in advance.
    Ken

    k9660r, Nov 1, 2005