    keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from
    Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason.

    Can someone help me? I am desperately in need of my printer. Thanks

    jp2003, Sep 17, 2005

  2. jp2003

    Ken Marsh Guest

    Hi,

    #My printer does not work. The error message Insert color cartridge
    #keeps coming on. I used a recycled black cartridge purchased from
    #Office Depot. I read somewhere that may be the reason.

    HP's efforts to keep you from using recycled cartridges are working well.
    I guess it's an anti-environment thing.

    Take it back to Office Depot for a refund or replacement.

    Ken.

    Ken Marsh, Sep 18, 2005

  3. jp2003

    jp2003 Guest

    jp2003, Sep 21, 2005
  4. jp2003

    jp2003 Guest

    jp2003, Sep 21, 2005
  5. jp2003

    jp2003 Guest

    Thanks for your reply Ken. I am so fed up with HP. I have used the
    recycled products on the same machine before and it worked.
    I just bought a new black HP cartridge and replaced it with the
    recycled one, but now the error message 'insert color cartridge' keeps
    coming on. The color cartridge worked before the black cartridge went
    empty and it is still full. I removed it and put it back but the darn
    thing still won't work.

    It is such a waste of money to buy a new color cartridge. What should I
    do?

    jp2003, Sep 21, 2005
  6. jp2003

    Bob Headrick Guest

    You got a bad third party cartridge and you are fed up with HP ??!? The
    problem is with the (non-HP) cartridge, not something HP has any control over.
    Try cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown at:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060

    - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

    Bob Headrick, Sep 22, 2005