I NEED HELP WITH MY VIDEO I MESSED MY BIOS PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Abit' started by sujoe02, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. sujoe02

    sujoe02 Guest

    here are the specs of my processor

    ATHLON XP 2400+ THOUROUGHBRED SOCKET A (266Mhz BUS) WITH QUANTISPEED
    ARCHITECTURE OPERATING AT 2.0GHZ OEM

    MotherBoard

    SY-K7VME

    According to soyousa.com they said that if your cpu's Front Side Bus
    is 266Mhz then set the motherboard jumpers to 133Mhz.

    What I did was set the frequency stepping in bios for the default
    jumper on my Mother board from 100(default) to 132(highest possible
    for that jumper).

    Being that i set the default jumper from 100mhz to 132mhz(witch was
    lower than what soyo said to set the Mhz to) How could this of
    possibly broke my motherboard.

    By the way after I set my fsb in the frequency stepping I saved and
    exited bios. The computer rebooted and when it was at the post where
    it checks the ram in the begging it did show an improvement of the
    cpu's speed from athlon xp 1600+ to 2000+. Then it gave me some
    strange error message. The only thing i think the message may have
    had in it was the word keyboard maybe? so i checked the keyboard plug
    and it was fine, rebooted and no video from there on then.

    I have tried resetting the CMOS, taking the m/b battery out, using a
    new power supply, new monitor and video card, and using the error
    post code pci tool. the only number i got out of that were D3, D7,
    and D8. on startup i get absolutly no beep or anything but hearing
    the post reseting over and over until i shut it off.

    sujoe02, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Feb 7, 2005