    - I've read a bunch of ways to set up the memory in the bios, what are the
    best setings for this combination?

    I would highly appreciate any feedback on my many questions ;D Thanks!

    Psycho, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Psycho

    Lloyd LaBaw Guest

    I'm using a Gigabyte k7nnxp, it has everything you can want except scsi
    onboard. the area around the cpu socket isn't that big so you can't use
    supersized heatsinks unless you modify it with a dremel to clear a cap in
    the top left corner. it has 4 ddr slots for dual ddr just in-case you have
    4x 256's you want to use :). never had a glitch from day one.

    mine:
    preacher f14 bios
    ati radeon 9500/128meg w/vantec hsf -blue led's (wanted a ati 9600 pro/256)
    amd xp 2400
    2 apacer 512 ddr's
    2 seagate barracuda's sata (raid) 120 meg each. (raided as 243 megs)
    liteon 52x32x52x
    liteon 16x dvd
    onboard 5.1 soundstorm (realtek) 7 speakers running
    using a globalwin ycc61f1(b) case, awsome super room and dual 120mm case
    fans, clear window included from:
    www.computernerds.com
    thermaltake 420watt psu

    Lloyd LaBaw, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Psycho

    Lloyd LaBaw Guest

    Lloyd LaBaw, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Psycho

    neopolaris Guest

    I just built this and its nice.
    KT6 Delta-LSR
    XP2500 Barton
    256MB Crucial XMS PC3200 cas2
    80GB Maxtor
    350w Enermax Power Supply

    I just started overclocking this board. It's late but it's still great!
    It's currently running 10.5x215 crunching SETI. Alot of nf2 boards won't
    do that and you might not either with the value memory. Don't skimp on thehttper supply or the memory-it's not worth the heartache.

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Psycho

    Inglo Guest

    My current set up:
    MSI K7N2-L (no delta)
    Athlon XP 2500+ @ 175x12 2100 MHz = 2700+
    Corsair XMS 2 x 256 Mb PC2700
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

    And its runs awesome dude.

    With your board and the PC32000 memory you'll want to set it up so the
    CPU and the RAM are both running at 200 MHz. So you'd run your Barton
    at like 200x9 or 9.5 or 10, if you're being conservative Overclocking
    up to 3200+ is doable, will definitely require a good Heatsink/Fan. I
    think that's 200x11.5.
    1 gig of RAM is pointless unless you're getting it cheap or you do stuff
    other than regular gaming/normal PC stuff. But getting one stick of
    512Mb PC3200 now and upgrading to 1 gig later is not the wrong way to go
    either. Dual channel is not that tremendous a difference with the
    nForce2 boards. It is measurable but not by much.

    Inglo, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Psycho

    Psycho Guest

    Thanks a lot man, I'll take your advice about getting just one stick of
    512mb and maybe uprgading later. If I overclock by doing 200x10, will that
    be ok with the stock fan/heatsink or do I still have to get a better one?
    Not really interested in overclocking too much or at all. Thanks again!

    Henri

    Psycho, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Psycho

    Inglo Guest

    I'm running mine at 2100 MHz with stock cooling, so I'd assume you could
    run at 200 MHz FSB @ 2000 MHz OK. But I've never tried 200 MHz FSB, the
    non deltas don't support it.
    I am planning on getting a better HSF, relatively soon. I've been
    running it like this since June, I'd be getting the new HSF (probably
    spending about $30-40 USD on it) more just to ease my nerves more than
    anything else. I do top out under load at 54 C, which is sort of high,
    yet I have zero stability problems.

    In case you're curious, the rest of my system:

    Western Digital 80 Gb HDD (Special Edition 8 Mb Cache)
    Soundblaster Audigy 1 Gamer
    Antec TruPower 430W Power Supply (A GOOD POWER SUPPLY IS AN ABSOLUTE
    MUST HAVE!!!!)
    Slightly obsolete Antec Case (no see-thru side panels or LEDs;-))
    Some old Toshiba DVD drive
    Using the onboard NIC w/ Linksys BEFSR41 Router

    Stock Heatsink w/ 5200 RPM CoolerMaster fan, one 2500 RPM front/intake
    and one 2500 RPM back/out fan, and one 2500 RPM PCI mount fan. Normal
    operations around 43 C.

    Inglo, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Psycho

    Deep Speaker Guest

    I have a K7N2 with AXP2400+ running at 2ghz/166mhz with a radeon 9700
    non-pro flashed to pro. I have to say I am happy with this cheap rig. Yours
    would be even faster.

    I would recommend 1 gig of ram, a few games can already benefit from it. It
    will be required before that computer gets outdated othervise.

    Is that a radeon 9700 non-pro? If so, consider flashing the bios to 9700 pro
    bios and get a "pro" for free.

    Deep Speaker, Oct 21, 2003
  9. Psycho

    Me Guest

    I run 512 meg in both of my servers and in my XP box. The servers run
    IIS with HTTP/FTP as well as full blown mail servers. The servers both
    hum along at around 23% committed bytes in use, even when they are being
    pounded on relentlessly. The XP box is used mostly for test purposes,
    but I've run some of the biggest resource hog programs that I know of
    and nothing has ever come even *close* to sucking up all 512 meg of RAM
    in either the XP box or the servers. I can't see for the life of me why
    1 gig of RAM would be of any use unless maybe you were doing something
    really specialized... but I have no idea what that would be.

    Me, Oct 22, 2003
  10. Psycho

    Psycho Guest

    The punk that I was going to buy the 9700 pro from sold it to someone else
    for more money..lol. I went out to circuit city and picked up myself a 9800
    non pro..for only 250..good deal.

    Thanks for the info!

    Psycho, Oct 22, 2003