    as long as it is an ide100....i have no idea about this....any help
    greatly appriciated...has anyone replaced one on an acer
    aspire...thanks

    gram, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Pretty much all you need to know is 2.5" and IDE (vs. SATA). Everything
    else should be compatible. Before you buy on E-Bay, check out Newegg
    and the other major computer dealers. On a hard drive, the warranty can
    be an important factor, and you won't get on on E-Bay.

    Barry Watzman, Feb 8, 2007

  3. gram

    Phil Sherman Guest

    Measure the drive thickness. Older (thicker) systems have 12.5mm high
    drives while newer (thinner) systems are now using 9.5mm drives.

    ie. My T40 uses a 9.5mm drive while my T21 uses 12.5mm drives.

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Feb 8, 2007
  4. Very few laptops can't take a 12.5mm drive, even if they came with a
    thinner drive. And, as you note, the new drives are all thinner.

    Barry Watzman, Feb 9, 2007
  5. gram

    paulmd Guest

    It's a standard off the shelf part. One concern is that you don't wind
    up with an ancient laptop hard drive that won't fit in your machine.
    But it should not be an issue in the capacity you're looking for.

    paulmd, Feb 9, 2007