I/O shield for AK79D 400 Max

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Ed, Apr 3, 2008.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I bought this board on eBay, sans I/O shield. It LOOKED like an Asus
    shield would work,
    so I was not too worried about none being mentioned in the offering.
    Alas, the Asus shield
    is slightly different. The network and USB connectors on the AK79D are
    a little farther to the left
    than the Asus shield holes.

    I've searched eBay and can't find any that say specifically AOpen. A
    few sellers offer a variety
    of shield that one can pick by looking at the photos, but from the
    photo it's impossible to tell if the ones
    that have the same general layout are for Asus or AOpen.

    Any suggestions? I'm thinking about getting out the tinsnips!

    TIA

    Ed

    Ed, Apr 3, 2008

  2. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Problem solved. Called Calif. office of Aopen, and they referred me to
    a company that
    sells AOpen parts products, ABC. Tel number is 510-887-2588. Cost $12
    including shipping.

    Ed

    Ed, Apr 10, 2008