I tell you where to buy X800 XT/PE pci express video card.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by H3LpM3P1z, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. H3LpM3P1z

    H3LpM3P1z Guest

    This information was gathered on Sept 1, 2004 on 2:42pm Eastern Time.

    -Please note all but one site has the XT PE version and it's not in
    stock as of
    above time and date.
    -It's listed whether or not its PE, so read carefully before ordering
    -One last thing. ALL of these video card are PCI EXPRESS. You will
    need a
    motherboard that support PCI EXPRESS. NOT AGP 8X/4X/2X!!!! NO AGP NO
    AGP!!

    www.xpcgear.com
    -http://www.xpcgear.com/asusx800xtpcie.html
    -Asus Extreme AX800XT/2DT ATi Radeon X800 XT (NOT the **PE** version)
    -Price: $719.99
    -S&H: dunno, you do the checkout and find out
    -In stock: Yes
    -Due date: In stock fool

    www.newegg.com
    -http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-517&depa=1
    -ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card (NOT the **PE** version)
    -Price: $601.00
    -S&H: $6.00 (Fedex Saver)
    -In stock: No
    -Due date: dunno

    www.zipzoomfly.com
    -http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324512
    -Asus Extreme AX800XT/2DT Radeon X800XT (NOT the **PE** version)
    -Price: $849.00 (bit pricey for a card that's not even the PE version)
    -S&H dunno, you checkout and find out
    -In stock: Yes
    -Due date: ^^^ <--look above

    www.futurepowerpc.com
    -For the 56K users. Futurepower was taking a long time to load when
    using IE. Loaded quick when I used Netscape. I suggest you 56K'ers
    use NS if you experience what I experienced.
    -http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE=VCGA-RX80X256V
    -Gigabyte Radeon X800 XT Platinum "PCI-E" (Yes, this is the PE
    version)
    -Price: $575 (much cheaper than zipzoomfly and it's the PE version)
    -S&H: Above price is with free ground shipping (not bad)
    -In stock: No
    -Due date: Possibly 9/30/2007 (lol, j/k, 2004)

    H3LpM3P1z, Sep 1, 2004

  2. H3LpM3P1z

    Andi Cole Guest

    As far as PCI-Express goes it's a similar story in the UK,
    www.overclockers.co.uk has the X800XT (not PE) in stock at around USD600.00,
    no sign of any PE versions anywhere.

    Andi.

    Andi Cole, Sep 1, 2004

  3. H3LpM3P1z

    Clippy Guest

    I'm in the UK and managed to get hold of a PCI-Express X800XT (non PE)
    version on Ebay from a bloke based in Italy of all places. Thought I'd been
    ripped off a little in the back of my mind and nothing would turn up but it
    was delivered yesterday and works brilliantly with new 3.6ghz LGA775 and
    533mhz DDR2 ram. The performance will certainly do me even if it isn't a PE
    version. Not sure you would even really notice in the real world once
    you're immersed in a game. Kind of a case of diminshing returns and you
    gotta plump for something eventually!

    Clippy

    Clippy, Sep 1, 2004
  4. H3LpM3P1z

    K-Gun Guest

    The X800 XT Extreme (it is the PE version, see Asus web site) was on
    newegg.com for $601, I grabbed one, it's same as the AGP version...which I
    can now part with, any takers let me know...we can work something out.

    K-Gun, Sep 2, 2004
  5. H3LpM3P1z

    H3LpM3P1z Guest

    Yes, the ASUS XT PE version is listed on their website for your
    viewing pleasure,
    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=AX800 XT/TVD&langs=09
    but...
    The one on newegg.com is not the Platinum Edition. The core
    speed/memory clock on the XT PE is 520mhz/1120mhz. The one selling
    right now at newegg for $601.00 is 500mhz/1000mhz.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-517&depa=1
    Check out it out. Hope you didn't throw that receipt away.
    If your not getting a lot or any reponse at all. You now know why.

    The only XT PE that is listed for sale anywhere on the internet, that
    I know of, is at:
    http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE=VCGA-RX80X256V
    Unfortunately, it is not in stock. ETA listed is 9/30/2004.

    H3LpM3P1z, Sep 2, 2004
  6. H3LpM3P1z

    H3LpM3P1z Guest

    One other thing...

    The one on newegg.com for $601.00 is PCI EXPRESS. PCI EXPRESS won't
    fit/work in AGP slots and vice versa.

    H3LpM3P1z, Sep 2, 2004
  7. H3LpM3P1z

    Andi Cole Guest

    Clippy, what PSU have you got to power the thing, I don't have a 6-pin
    supply from my PSU and now need to get one of course.

    Andi.

    Andi Cole, Sep 2, 2004
  8. H3LpM3P1z

    Clippy Guest

    Andi

    I've got an Antec Neopower 480watt PSU. It's got it's own dedicated
    PCI-Express connector. I picked mine up from www.overlcockers.co.uk but i'm
    sure they're available elsewhere, probably cheaper too if you shop around!
    With VAT it was 93ukp.

    Cheers

    Clippy

    Clippy, Sep 3, 2004