    supply I had from another toshiba laptop 45 watts 15 volts 3A.

    It works fine - is there any reason I should stop using it?

    Thanks.

    Kim Webb, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Kim Webb

    olfart Guest

    probably be OK until the damn thing explodes

    olfart, Feb 21, 2007

  3. No, not if it's working ok.

    Barry Watzman, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Kim Webb

    iws Guest

    Since the original PS was rated for an additional 2 A current, it's possible
    that under the worst case scenario (discharged battery, running HD and CPU
    intensive software that keeps the cooling fan running), your laptop could
    tax the ability of the PS to keep up. It could damage the PS or possibly
    cause computer instability. To avoid that problem, if your battery is nearly
    discharged, I'd charge it while the laptop is off.

    iws, Feb 22, 2007
  5. Kim Webb

    Roland Mösl Guest

    I have a toshiba laptop that came with a 75 watt power supply 15
    It's only a problem at 100% CPU and charging the internal battery at the
    same time.

    When the internal battery is full, it should be no problem

    --
    Roland Mösl
    http://politik.pege.org Steuerreform pro Mensch

    Roland Mösl, Feb 22, 2007
  6. Kim Webb

    paulmd Guest

    Try playing a dvd, or somehow otherwise get hard drive, cd drive, cpu
    and gpu under full load simultaneously and see if it crashes. If it
    doesn't, you're good to go. You might want to yank the battery, to
    give you the full worst case scenario.

    paulmd, Feb 22, 2007
  7. Kim Webb

    Kim Webb Guest

    Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the help. I have not
    noticed any issues with playing dvd's on the power supply while
    battery is charging.

    Kim Webb, Feb 22, 2007