    newer burner?? Or am I SOL?!?

    Thanks in advance for advice proffered!

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Mike S. Guest

    USB 2.0 burners will work on USB 1.1 ports, but your top speed will be
    limited to 4X. If that isn't fast enough, get a USB 2.0 PC card for your
    laptop to add the high speed ports.

    Mike S., Jun 28, 2004
  4. Jerry

    Papa Guest

    Can't you get an internal CD-RW / DVD unit? Most laptops offer them now.

    Papa, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Jerry

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Carbus USB2 adapter (e.g., Belkin)

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Jerry

    Mike Richter Guest

    Or get a USB 2 adapter on a PC card. Or get a firewire burner if you
    have a 1394 port. (Fortunately, the parallel-port burners are gone.)

    You can even use a SCSI adapter, though you'll have to hunt for a SCSI
    removable writer.

    Mike

    Mike Richter, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Hi both Mikes,

    Thanks a million for the info! It was just what I needed to know.
    And just what I WANTED to hear--that my cause is not lost!

    I really appreciate your input,

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Jerry

    Notan Guest

    I've been using an Adaptec USB2connect (AUA-1420A) card, and couldn't
    be happier.

    Notan

    Notan, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Jerry

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I have one of these too, but I could not get it to work properly on a two
    year old laptop running Windows XP (it worked fine on the same laptop with
    Windows 2000 and on a new one with XP). This may be a problem if the laptop
    pre-dated Windows XP and you are using that OS.

    Graham Mayor, Jun 29, 2004