    handle higher speeds that that one? (1Mbps+)

    Thanks!

    -Michael

    Michael, Jun 14, 2007

  2. 3.4Mbps devices do seem very thin on the ground :)

    NXP have recently been beefing up their SPI portfolio, so
    it may be the market has effectively side-stepped 3.4MBps i2c,
    as being too-little a speed jump, and gone instead to the
    20-50-150Mbps SPI region.

    You could use CPLDs to do 3,4MBps i2c (or faster), and if
    you need to use std uC, I'd do some bench tests. It's likely
    that simple master-slave will go much faster than
    full master-master arbitrate.

    -jg

    Jim Granville, Jun 14, 2007