i7501 s2720-533 No boot

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by roeften, Jan 6, 2008.

  1. roeften

    roeften

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    Hello all!

    I have purchased an i7501 s2720-533 with 2 xeons 2.4GHz.

    I am using Yeong Yang - W202 case and Jou Jye JJ-460PPSA psu (EPS12V compliant according to the box).

    When I try to power up the system (i.e. when I switch on the PSU) I see the power on led on the board flashing (once) and that is that. Then nothing.

    Does anyone have any hints for me in order to find a solution?

    Cheers

    Panos

    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
    roeften, Jan 6, 2008
  2. roeften

    roeften

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    More Info

    Ok I have been looking at the specs of the recommended PSUs for the mobo.

    I think there may be a chance that the PSU I have purchased is not right for the job. But I am not sure whether I should only compare the Max current values or/and something else.

    All of the recommended PSUs are impossible to find in Greece. Can anyone suggest a PSU for the board that is current, i.e. not a legacy product (say like this)?

    --EDIT:

    Ok so I found this and I 've ordered the Silencer EPS 610 which is easy to find.

    And it does work. 100 Euros well spent there. :D

    Strange thing:

    When first hooked up the PSU I got a flickering sound and then the system would fail to start (as in no Power at all).

    Then I removed the RAM tried it out and it was working! Tried inserting RAM modules one by one and finally got it working with all the RAM installed.

    Hm, don't know what happened there, I also moved the mb a bit after unscrewing it.

    Anyway I hope that someone else may benefit from my experience and that is why I wrote everything that I thought it mattered here.

    Cheers

    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
    roeften, Jan 7, 2008