IA-P4, Broadbandbox. What kind of mobo is this?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kardanase, Sep 23, 2006.

  1. Kardanase

    Kardanase

    Hey!
    Just the other day I bought a dirt cheap motherboard from my local dealer. The dealer told me that they got it without the proper box and manual since they returned a broken motherboard to the manufacturer (RMA might be the word for it). So I bought it in a brown box without anything else in it.
    It´s supposed to be called "IA-P4" but it´s just impossible to find any info about it. The mobo clearly states IA-P4 with white bold letters.
    It has a 4xAGP, 3xPCI, 2xUSB, 2 slots for DDR, 2xLAN, built in audio (AC97) as well as built in crappy gfx (8Mb).
    I belive the chipset is called i845GE or maybe just i845G.
    The exact sice is 31cm x 22cm, I belive that´s 12,2" x 8,66".
    The BIOS setup lookes just like the one on the EP-4GEAE(I) (Epox) modell. There´s just one problem, I can´t change the FSB speed "since it is light blue" (like when you can´t change the setting) and the multiplier setting doesn´t even exist in the menu.
    At the moment my 1,8GHz P4 is detected as a 2,53GHz P4 and since I can´t change neither FSB frekvency nor the multiplier I can´t get it to work properly.
    Do I need a BIOS upgrade or have I missed some jumper seting of some sort?

    And I can´t see the bootup BIOS code due to a huge startup logo that says "Broadbandbox TM", it´s in grey scale and there's a big B next to the text. Is it common that you can choose wheater or not to show the logo at start up?

    The dealer said that it was an Epox one.

    I would be most greatful if you could help me with this!

    Regards,
    Daniel.

    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
    Kardanase, Sep 23, 2006
  2. Kardanase

    Kardanase

    okey, here are some more info.
    It has a white note on it with a barcode and a number: 33003600844.
    Here´s the url to a picture of the actuall motherboard.

    http://home.student.uu.se/daka6071/motherboard.jpg

    Does anyone recognize the passive cooler on the north bridge? Could give me hint about the manufaturer.

    Thnx in advance!

    Kardanase, Sep 24, 2006