    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Shailendra

    Mehta Shailendrakumar, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    robbie chen Guest

    Keil is an welll-integrated toolkit.Now its name is uVersion 2.Once I
    used SyncMOS 51 chipset to build a voice terminal. I think you can do
    everything in Keil uVersion 2, coding, compiling, debugging, managing
    your project file. There is one issue, when I use hardware emulator to
    debug , I can't debug in source code level because all the source code
    is invisible.

    The performance of compiler, how to evaluate it? I think the code we
    design decide the performances.Ineffective code causes poor
    performance.

    Maybe you can lookup 8051 microcontroller FAQ in www.faq.org, it
    include detailed info.

    Good luck

    robbie chen, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Dave Hansen Guest

    I used a version of IAR back around 1990, and a version of Keil around
    1999. Based on that experience, I'd lean towards Keil, if given the
    choice. However, both products have advanced in the intervening
    years, and I don't think you'll go much wrong by choosing either one.

    Regards,

    -=Dave

    Dave Hansen, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Keil is now uVision 3. I highly recommend it. The built-in simulator is
    fantastic.

    Scott

    Not Really Me, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    bitmaster Guest

    Both are well thought of. IAR are notorious for restrictions
    such as; dongle required and a special code that takes a week to get,
    you don't buy the IAR compiler, you buy the right to use it ... meaning
    you can not resell it.

    Keil is much less restricted and has put out a quality product for many
    years.

    bitmaster, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Bob Stephens Guest

    I have used Keil for the past two years and am quite pleased with it. I
    recommend spending the extra bucks and getting the uV3 IDE as well. I used
    to use the Keil tool set with Silicon Labs' IDE and it didn't work as well.

    Bob

    Bob Stephens, Jun 30, 2005
  7. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Bill Davy Guest

    My Keil came with a dongle :-(

    Bill Davy, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Dave Hansen Guest

    Five or six years ago, when I was using Keil 5.5, it did not have any
    use prevention, er, I mean "copy protection", but I heard complaints
    on usenet about the European version being dongled. You are
    apparently in England.

    I don't know if the U.S. version is still dongle (and other
    impediment) -free, but if it is, that would be more than enough to
    recommend it above IAR, if IAR is dongled. Version 5.5 was more than
    "good enough," and I hear the newer versions are even better.

    Regards,

    -=Dave

    Dave Hansen, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Bob Stephens Guest

    I have version 7.50 (US) and there is no dongle or other impedimentia.

    Very pleased with it, too...

    Bob

    Bob Stephens, Jul 1, 2005
  10. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Richard Guest

    (Dave Hansen) wrote in @news.aioe.org:
    The US version is still dongle free, and we have been extremely happy with
    it for developing 8051 code.

    Richard, Jul 1, 2005
  11. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 2, 2005
  12. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Chris Hills Guest

    Chris Hills, Jul 2, 2005
  13. Mehta Shailendrakumar

    Rich Webb Guest

    As the "Technical Support" page doesn't seem to have been updated since
    their fax problems in March 2003, they might possibly not be the most
    responsive vendor on the planet. Maybe Ontario Telephone is still
    working on repairing the cut phone line?

    Rich Webb, Jul 2, 2005