    Is there anything I can do?

    Thanks

    Jay

    Jay Stevens, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Jay Stevens

    lars Guest

    Sure. You can tighten the nuts that are there for
    that particular purpose.
    I general terms what you need to do is to remove
    the keyboard to get to those nuts.

    That in turn means removing Hard Drive, DVD and some
    screws from the bottom side of the TP.
    Here is the hardware maintenance manual, where
    you can read about it, and see drawings etc.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46464

    It is not that difficult at all, but you need some basic
    tools, good lighting and at least an hour of peace
    and quiet. I usually find that I also want to do a bit
    of dusting (dust buster), when I have the machine open.

    Lars
    Stockholm

    lars, Dec 12, 2005