    How does one reset the bios?

    Can someone please help me?

    Thanks!

    biztalk.architect, May 20, 2005

  2. biztalk.architect

    Ginchy Guest

    There is usually a 3 pin jumper with a cap over 2 of the pins. Put the cap
    on the other 2 pins instead while no power is attatched and leave for 3 secs
    then replace.

    Or

    remove the button cell battery.

    This is general advice and not specific to IBM machines so it may be
    different but I am sure one of the 2 methods will be available to you!

    Ginchy, May 21, 2005

  3. biztalk.architect

    modiftek Guest

    The BIOS on these Servers do not reset by the jumper method. You have
    to go inside the system and remove the battery.

    After removing the battery, wait for 15-20 seconds [I wait a little
    longer] then reinstall the battery. Please do be careful removing the
    battery because they always make the casings in which the batteries sit
    from some kind of brittle plastic material that breaks quite easily.

    After the battery has been reinstalled plug in the power connector and
    wait another 15-20 seconds and then power-up the system. Run the
    configuration set-up utility by powering on the system and then
    pressing F1. F2 runs the diagnostics utility, I believe.

    Good luck!

    modiftek, May 21, 2005