    If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I'm afraid to go on, yet
    I'm afraid to stop feeding it discs since it said I could only create
    1 copy.

    smilligan71, Oct 2, 2007

  2. smilligan71

    John S Guest

    Can you put any of the disks already made into another computer to confirm
    what is on them?

    Not an answer to your specific question, but my IBM R51 laptop produced
    seven CDs.

    I was also a bit dismayed when reading that only one copy could be made.
    I phoned the IBM support centre and asked what would happen if one of the
    disks I had made was corrupt - how could I make a second set to be on the
    safe side.

    The technician, with a wink and a nod told me that if I used the built-in
    restore partition to set the computer back to the "new" state, it would be
    just the same as it was when I bought it (ie it would be able to make just
    one set of restore disks).

    So, as the computer was new, and didn't contain any files of mine which
    were important, I restored it to the "new' condition from the restore
    partition, and made another set of disks.

    Anyway, once you have a set of disks, it's easy enough to make copies of
    them if you make an ISO image of each disk, then use that to burn another
    disk. My R51 computer came bundled with "RecordNow" software for making
    CDs, and I think this is excellent.

    Hope this might be some help,

    Cheers,

    John S