    resolution at anything above 1024 * 768 them display gets fuzzy and is not
    readable.

    Any ideas please?

    Michael Tissington, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Michael Tissington

    Donkey Agony Guest

    You probably want to change the screen refresh rate. Right-click
    desktop, Properties, Settings tab, Advanced button, Monitor tab. Change
    it to 85 Hertz.

    Also, for some strange reason, I've found that having Cleartype enabled
    seems to work better even on CRT monitors. I thought it was for LCDs
    only, but my eyes say different.

    Donkey Agony, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Thanks for the idea - but neither work.

    Michael Tissington, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Michael Tissington

    Donkey Agony Guest

    Michael Tissington wrote:

    Does Windows know (Plug 'n Play) what your monitor is (again see Monitor
    tab)?

    Then I'm out of ideas. I suggest re-posting your query in the
    ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad newsgroup.

    Donkey Agony, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Michael Tissington

    JHEM Guest

    The only thing I can think of is that the external monitor is improperly
    installed.

    Try going to device manager, uninstall the monitor and then re-boot with it
    connected.

    The OS should find the monitoragain and install the proper drivers. Have you
    checked with Sony for updated drivers for your OS?

    I'm running a 21" sony external display off my docked Thinkpad 600X at 1600
    X 1200 and the image can only be described as brilliant.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Dec 21, 2003