    HAs anyone tried other resolutions? How does the dsiplay look at other
    resolutions:

    1280 x 1024 ?

    David Gillooly, Sep 5, 2005

  2. David Gillooly

    John Doue Guest

    A laptop display is designed to function at its native resolution. I do
    not believe you could even try a high definition with the original
    driver. If you want a higher resolution, go for one of the R52 models
    sporting a SXGA display (1400x1050).

    John Doue, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Any LCD display -- laptop or desktop -- should always be run at it's
    native resolution. While the display may "scale" other resolutions,
    there will be distortions that will almost always be worse, overall,
    than operation at the native resolution. And when scaling down, some
    image details and features (lines and "dots") may be missing entirely.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Hello,

    if it is advertised with 1024*768 (XGA) it will not run in higher resolutions.
    If you want higher resolutions you have to buy an 1400*1050 (SXGA+) advertised Notebook.

    Best regards,
    Rainer

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rainer_R=F6sch?=, Sep 7, 2005