    wont startup anymore.

    I have tried each processor individually and that did not work either.

    Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong and what I might do?

    biztalk.architect, May 19, 2005

  2. biztalk.architect

    Someone Else Guest

    Why it didn't work with the new processors: You probably didn't
    install the voltage regulators. IBM motherboards do not have the VRU's
    for additional CPU's built in, the come with IBM's overpriced upgrade
    kits.

    Why it doesn't work now: Did you put everything back as it was? Put
    the terminators back in place?

    Someone Else, May 20, 2005

  3. Hey, thanks for the message.

    I didnt touch any terminators and I put everything exactly as it was.

    I discovered a bit late that I needed voltage regulators.

    I tried to install the processors without them, could I have caused a
    problem doing that?

    biztalk.architect, May 20, 2005
  4. I learned that I did not burn anything out by not having voltage
    regulators.

    I also looked up the beep code for what I was getting....

    One Continuous Beep

    1. Processor

    2. Optional Processor (if installed)

    3. Processor Board

    4. System Board

    Does anyone have some direction for me on what these might mean in
    terms of potential to get this computer back up?

    biztalk.architect, May 20, 2005
  5. I cant answer how, but I got the machine back up. luckily its fine.

    Thanks for the help

    biztalk.architect, May 20, 2005