    supply?

    And yes, I am using the latest drivers, BIOS etc.

    Thanks in advance.

    long-time lurker, Sep 7, 2004

  2. long-time lurker

    Quaoar Guest

    It is likely the inverter which has some type of component failing at
    the high display brightness and high power to the inverter you have set
    for AC power. On battery, the screen is dimmed and the power level is
    reduced. Try reducing the screen brightness on AC power and see if the
    problem disappears.

    If it is the power adapter, you can remove the battery, boot with AC
    power. If the laptop goes instantly dead at some point, that points to
    the AC adapter plug, likely on the mainboard, but it could be a simple
    defective or dirty plug. Try also moving the adapter cable holding the
    laptop plug fixed to reveal a line break/short.

    Quaoar, Sep 7, 2004