    what I could be looking at here?

    Thanks,
    Jo

    Joss, Oct 2, 2006

  2. Joss

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Not enough data. Sorry. From the description I would say it is some
    very serious hardware issue, e.g. a failed voltage regulator. Only a
    competent repair shop can help you with these. If you are lucky it
    is a contact problem that can be found easily (some are hard to find).

    The critical part of selecting a repair shop is the ''competent''.
    Most are not.

    The fan is usually an independent component from the rest of the system.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Oct 2, 2006