IBM T22 sound distortion

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by seppie17, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. seppie17

    seppie17 Guest

    HI

    I have some audio related troubles on my Thinkpad T22 running WinXP
    SP2.

    For a few seconds the audio is complete replaced by some kind of random
    noise. Than normal playing continues again. The audio-playing software
    (Windows Media Player, Winamp) and the type of audio-file (wav, mp3)
    doesn't matter at all. This problem even happens with the start-up and
    shut-down sounds of Windows.

    It seems to me that the datastream to the audiochip (Crystal
    SoundFusion cs46xx) is not stable enough, or the cpu is busy with some
    kind of cpu-power-eating proces and doesn't pay attention to the
    audiochip. Or maybe some kind of shared IRQ's or shared I/O adress
    problem.

    Is this a hardware or software problem ?

    Anyone knows how to solve this ?

    Regards

    seppie17, Oct 25, 2005