    on. Can anyone tell me what the significance of this is?

    thanks very much

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Juan Warez, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Juan Warez

    tmfast Guest

    Do you have a real IBM battery installed? What bois version are ya running?
    I also have a T23 with the original battery. an after market battery would
    not work properly. It tests out fine. I notice the yellow LED is blinking if
    I am unplugged for a day or so, and battery shows 98%. for a long time.
    Just offering some moral support. My T20 doesnt care what kind of battery I
    use and works fine. I am interested to see your fead back.

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    tmfast, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Juan Warez

    Juan Warez Guest

    It is a non-IBM battery. Someone suggested a full discharge and
    then a charge thinking that the in battery circuitry needs
    to be reset. I am going to try that today. The battery is charged
    and holds the charge OK. I'm thinking that the circuit is not
    being reset to tell the thinkpad it is charged. I'll let you
    know.

    PS. Never had a problem with the IBM battery (which I still have, but
    its at school and I'm home right now). It just doesn't hold a charge
    anymore.

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Juan Warez, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Juan Warez

    Larry Guest

    IF it is a true IBM Battery, try a power-manager reset as follows:

    1. Remove the Battery.
    2. Unplug the A/C Adapter.
    3. Hold down the power switch for 20 seconds.
    4. Repeat step 3 one more time.
    5. Reinstall the battery.
    6. Plug in the A/C Adapter.

    This also works to revive ThinkPads that won't power up because the battery
    ran flat and the power manager became corrupted. Common issue on T20-T30's.

    -Larry

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Larry, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Here is what you need to do. Follow the steps exactly:

    Downgrade the BIOS level at least two levels.
    Downgrade the Embedded controller level at least one level.
    Now try the battery. If all is well, you can bring the BIOS level back
    up, but leave the embedded controller level alone. If not, go down
    another level on the embedded controller.

    The problem with aftermarket batterys is that the later embedded
    controller levels lock them out.

    All the files are available at
    www.ibm.com/

    [/QUOTE]

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Bruce Markowitz, Feb 26, 2006
  6. Juan Warez

    bidmead Guest

    Bruce, I'm getting this flashing yellow with a T20. I've downgraded
    the bios, but by embedded controller level remains at 1.06. I thought
    it was supposed to drop down to the corresponding level of the embedded
    controller (presumably) bundled with the BIOS burning executable.

    Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    bidmead, Mar 24, 2006