    It's supposed to be on support so I guess I could call them up and ask
    !

    Simon

    srp, Dec 9, 2004

  2. srp

    RDF Guest

    The battery will show ( or would have) shown model,serial ,lot# DOM etc,
    from an on board logic chip in the battery. It is not uncommon for a battery
    to just flake out. It is in all a battery just way overpriced. I'd replace
    the battery (You will be eating the cost since you sawed it up) and reload
    the "IBM Battery maximizer/health utility and you should be good. Otherwise
    exercise the option to send it in for Rapid Repair and have IBM look it
    over.
    I had similar issues when upgrading to an ultrabay battery and the
    software screwed me up on my T30

    Rob

    RDF, Dec 11, 2004

  3. srp

    srp Guest

    Thanks for the info. It could be a software fault on the monitor I
    suppose, I never though of that. ( it measures the internal battery ok)
    PS. I meant the laptop is on cover, not the battery.

    Simon

    srp, Dec 12, 2004