    I'm not in a huge rush, but sonner would be better than later. Is it worth
    waiting for a 10 or 20% deal to come along? Or are they pretty rare?

    Thanks!

    North110, Jan 8, 2004

  2. For what you are doing a 1.3Ghz would be more than enough. I have a T40
    1.3GHz/256MB/40GB harddrive, and I'm often amazed at how fast the processor
    is at running programs, booting up (~1'40" w/ norton) and using photoshop.

    However, though 256MB is o.k., and I do get buy easily with it, it's quite
    easy to start disk-swapping (v-memory) when you start stretching the
    computer (e.g. Word, 3 IE windows, Media player, adobe acrobat (this one's
    really bad for memory!) So get 512MB if you can. Or upgrade with an extra
    512MB to get 768MB - even better.

    The good thing about the T40 is that you can always upgrade to 2GB memory
    later when you need it. Unlike, say, a powerbook.

    I don't live in the states, so these offers seem quite foreign. I bought my
    laptop as part of a 'think express' program - and I'm extremely pleased with
    it.

    Duncan.

    Duncan James Murray, Jan 12, 2004