    I have a T40 IBM and tried to install a different HDD but it does not work.
    The drive I have is a travelstar 6G Model DARA-206000. Any ideas why it
    wont recognise this HDD?

    Latoof, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Latoof

    John Guest

  3. Latoof

    Latoof Guest

    thanks John,

    I'll give these a go and post results....

    Latoof, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Latoof

    Latoof Guest

    Oh I forgot to mention I have formatted it using a USB connection to the
    desktop and when I install it in the laptop it doe not recognise the HDD at
    all. I have booted using a floppy and tried an install of XP ...failed NO
    HDD detected. Tried running Fdisk and partition magic off the floppy
    and...no HDD detected. I am starting to think this "old" HDD is not
    supported by the laptop bios.....

    Latoof, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Latoof

    Latoof Guest

    fixed...format FAT32 instead of NTFS...Doh!

    Latoof, Feb 6, 2004