    waste money getting a 1gb pc3200 just to find out it doesn't work :-(.

    Best to all.
    Sami

    samiroma, Dec 9, 2005

  2. You won't get perfomance improvements unless the chipset can run at
    that memory bus. Yours is a 855PM I believe which is 333/266 only. The
    good news is the ram should downclock to 333 or 266 if it can't work at
    400. However IBM/Lenovo seem to be pickier then Dells or Toshibas.

    Also you are confusing System FSB and memory bus. They are seperate. P4
    CPU fsb can be 400, 533, 800 vs the ram FSB wich can be 266, 333, 400
    (800/1066 on rdram desktops).

    Ed

    smashedbanana, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Probably not
    Check on www.ibm.com
    There is a chart
    Some models can not even use PC2700

    Bruce Markowitz, Dec 10, 2005
  4. samiroma

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    Memory timing is based on FSB speed. Memory module does not control it.
    Tony

    Tony Hwang, Dec 10, 2005
  5. Nope, also based on the makers specs. IBM's are specific as to what
    can be used,

    Bruce Markowitz, Dec 17, 2005
  6. samiroma

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    Very funny, is there anything with no specs.?
    Tony

    Tony Hwang, Dec 21, 2005
  7. You miss the point, some systems can only run with certain memory i.e.
    T20-T22 can only use PC100, NOT PC133, even though you would think it
    would just run the memory at the lower speed.
    so if the maker has not spec'd the machine to run with the faster
    memory, it simply may not do so, no matter what you think it should
    do.

    Bruce Markowitz, Dec 23, 2005