    Thanks.

    Display - 14.1" TFT active matrix - 24-bit (16.7M colors)
    Graphics card - ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 - 32 MB - DDR SDRAM

    M. Moreen, Aug 7, 2003

  2. M. Moreen

    Derek Guest

    This would be because the display on a T40 with a Radeon 7500 video
    adapter has a maximum internal resolution of 1024x768. Setting the
    display to anything larger gives you the extended destkop.

    Externally, the same adapter will support up to 2048x1536 on a
    monitor equipped to handle that resolution.

    If you'd bought the T40 with the Radeon 9000 adapter, the internal
    display would support 1400x1050.

    Derek

    Derek, Aug 7, 2003