IBM T41/WinDVD Problem with "create overlay failed"

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Cameron Stevens, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

    Cameron

    Cameron Stevens, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Hey Cameron!

    Which version of WinDVD do you use? I suppose the discontinued Version
    4, is that correct?

    Does this problem occur regardless of screen resolutions, color depths
    and whether you use internal (TFT) or external video (TV-OUT etc.)? Do
    you use extended desktops? Did you try to turn them off?

    Are you running any other software simultaneously that also uses such
    "overlays", i.e. any 3d software or video players, NetMeeting etc.?

    What happens if you try to play DVDs through your Microsoft
    MediaPlayer 8 or 9? Did you try any other DVD software, e.g. the
    PowerDVD 5 tryout? Did this work flawlessly?

    Did you install the latest drivers (graphics and chipset drivers,
    DirectX-libraries etc.), and the problem persists?

    Best,
    Monty

    monty cantsin, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Yes, as included with the system from IBM. Windows 2000, SP4
    Yes, problem occurs at ANY resolution.
    SMS is in use, could the video interrupt effect this?
    We're somewhat restricted in the products we can chose, if this is a common
    problem, we're looking at licensing for 90 systems.
    Yes, though I've found a new WinDVD rev I'll try Monday.

    Thanks,
    Cameron

    Cameron Stevens, Jan 4, 2004