    this dell mini-pci card, right?
    Please help.

    thanks

    The Original, Jan 3, 2004

  2. The Original

    JHEM Guest

    No, you can't. WiFi is an international radio standard and the manufacturers
    of laptops must certify that their machines won't generate radio
    interferrence (RFI) when the WiFi is being used.

    IBM laptops are RFI certified using particular (and limited) internal
    mini-PCI cards for WiFi and the laptop's BIOS will refuse to recognize
    non-compliant cards.

    Either purchase an IBM card or use a PC card solution which, of course, has
    no such limitation as they are complete units unto themselves and are RFI
    certified by the individual manufacturers.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Jan 7, 2004