    properly?

    Thanks,
    Andy

    andrew.santoro, Nov 11, 2005

  2. andrew.santoro

    Gary L. Guest

    When you restore from the CD set, it sets up R&R on the protected hard
    disk partition. You then have to run R&R *again* from the protected
    hard disk to restore the system to the original state. Select restore
    to factory original state and let it run. When it is complete you will
    then be able to boot Windows XP.

    Gary L., Nov 11, 2005

  3. That was exactly it. Wasn't too clear from the screen & docs. Thanks
    for the help.

    andrew.santoro, Nov 12, 2005
  4. andrew.santoro

    itsme213 Guest

    Is it the same for older machines/OS e.g. A21e and Win-98?

    itsme213, Nov 17, 2005
  5. andrew.santoro

    Gary L. Guest

    Probably not. The two-step process is unique to recent machines that
    come with the protected partition on the hard drive, the special
    keyboard button, and the Rescue and Recovery software. I'm not
    familiar with the A21e, but unless it came with these three features
    then the IBM restore CD will work the "old-fashioned way:" insert the
    restore CD and it will format the disk and restore the original
    configuration. I have an old 600 (Win98 preload) and used to have a
    T21 (Win2000 preload), and the IBM restore CDs for both of them do the
    old-fashioned direct restore.

    Gary L., Nov 17, 2005