    fix it? Is the data safe?

    Thanks,

    qq

    quickcur, Dec 28, 2006

  2. quickcur

    Ben Myers Guest

    I'm not sure how to repair the T42, but the data is probably safe. To get the
    data from the computer, remove the hard drive from the computer, then remove the
    drive from its caddy. Next, get an inexpensive external USB case for a hard
    drive. Install the hard drive, then access it on any computer running Windows
    XP.

    The T42 could be shutting down because it is overheating, because its battery is
    dead, or the A/C power connector has broken. There are other possible causes,
    too... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 28, 2006