    worked ok.

    Thanks all!

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Paul

    Phil Sherman Guest

    I had a similar problem with my T40, upgrading from 512m to 1g.
    Thinkpads, in general, are relatively picky about memory. Memory from
    IBM/Lenovo is guaranteed to work while others may or may not.

    I tried three different brands, purchased from a local (national chain)
    computer store. All failed! Finally, a discussion with a knowledgeable
    sales rep yielded the recommendation to purchase ram for an Apple
    system. It worked great and I've had no problems for a couple of years.

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hey, Thanks! sorry for not replying back earlier. I guess I'll have to
    change my RMA to a "return" then. What brand did you end up buying
    anyway? I guess I can poke around and see what apple folks buy.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Paul

    Phil Sherman Guest

    I don't know which brand it was but, from what I was told, Apple has
    much stricter requirements on the memory timings than the Intel
    specifications. I've owned a number of Thinkpads and have noticed that
    all have been quite picky about what memory will work.

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Dec 3, 2005