IBM T42 unable to boot into windows

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by not, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. not

    not Guest

    I have some problems hope someone can help!

    I recently installed the new version of Zonealarm (software firewall)
    and when I rebooted Windows would stop loading after the opening
    screen (the win logo with the green flashing lights).

    I rebooted several times with the same results. I also booted into
    safe mode with the same result.

    I tried to repair with my desktop Win xp pro CD, it would go though
    the process of loading the files but after I put in the CD key it
    would stop loading. I tried using the key from my laptop, but it
    wouldn't accept it.

    I got the recovery CD's from IBM but it wants to reformat my hard
    drive and reload everything as when new.

    I just want to repair windows, how would one suggest I do this.

    Can only Windows be installed some way with these recovery CD's?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Hal

    Thinkpad T42