IBM T4215 Suspend/Hibernate?

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Anyone get the T4215 (XPPro) power-off timers to work properly?

    been tinkering with them and there seems to be a loop problem if you use
    both suspend and hibernation settings

    for testing I set both external and battery power settings (in minutes)
    to;

    scrn off 1
    hd off 3
    suspend 5
    hibernate 10

    Docked connected to network and ksu
    on external power or
    undocked with no network or other connections;

    scrn off ok
    suspend yes, but powers back at hibernate time, hardrive shows activity,
    then it not only never goes to hibernate, the unit then stays powered on
    with screen on

    Then, the above sequence starts over again... i.e. goes into screen off,
    suspend, then wakes up again at the next hibernation interval

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 26, 2007

  2. continuing tests show that setting "suspend" to "never" allows the unit
    to go directly to hibernate.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 26, 2007