    stating that it did pick up an ip address but then that will drop after
    only a second or two...

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Doug, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Doug

    GomJabbar Guest

    Generally the solution for these types of problems is to uninstall
    Access Connections and uninstall your Wireless Driver in Windows Add or
    Remove Programs, or by using Software Installer. In your case you may
    need to uninstall the Ethernet (LAN) driver as well. Also make sure in
    Windows Add or Remove Programs that the Intel PROSet and any Intel
    Network drivers are uninstalled.

    Now reboot, and cancel any Windows Found Hardware Dialog boxes. Using
    Software Installer, install just the Ethernet (LAN) driver, then reboot
    (again cancel any Windows Found Hardware Dialog boxes). Now using
    Software Installer, install the Wireless Driver and reboot. Start
    Software Installer and checking installed programs, verify that the
    Intel PROSet is installed. On my T42, this is version 7.10.0000. If
    you don't see it, try running Setup.exe from the following directory:
    C:\DRIVERS\WIN\WLANCX2A. [The above assumes you have the Intel Ethernet
    and Wireless devices. If you are using Cisco or Atheros devices, you
    will of course not need the Intel PROSet software.

    Now after the above drivers and software are installed and you have
    rebooted, you are ready to reinstall Access Connections again. Reboot
    a final time, and hopefully everything will be fully functional. I
    upgraded to the latest version 4.12 without any problems.

    GomJabbar, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Thanks so much for the help, I kept playing around with it last night
    and I figured I'd try deleting the location profile and recreating it,
    and that worked. I'm not sure how it got corrupted but maybe as a part
    of the install? Anyway, I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't think
    of that before posting but I didn't do anything to change the profiles
    so I hadn't thought of it earlier in the 2 or so hours I was trying to
    figure it out...

    Thanks again...

    Doug, Apr 23, 2006