    the 3200, then I won't bother with the newer T43p's.

    Ref: http://www.ip-web.de/d/hardware/laptop/news-t43p-19-01-2005.pdf

    Thoughts?

    h12nut, Feb 8, 2005

  2. h12nut

    eM eL Guest

    Hard to say - see if you can hunt down real-life tests of the Sonoma chipset (T43 is
    based on Sonoma.) If the new ATI video chip uses the faster speed of the Sonoma
    front-end bus it should perform better than a similar chip connecting via a slower
    bus. I for one will wait for the T43p and then decide even though the price of the
    T42p (2379 DYU) is tempting, esp. at $500 less than MSRP... But I don't NEED stellar
    graphics - just WANT it.

    eM eL, Feb 8, 2005

  3. h12nut

    Shoeless Guest

    Good article on Sonoma. If you're short on time, at least read the 3rd
    to last page (DDR2 Memory In Dual-channel Mode Does (hardly) Anything
    In Practice.) and the conclusion.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20050119/

    Shoeless, Feb 8, 2005
  4. h12nut