IBM Thinkpad 600X - Windows 2000 Hibernation

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Walter How, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Walter How

    Walter How Guest

    Hi there,
    I have an IBM thinkpad 600X initially with the IBM image of windows
    98 installed on it. I, however wish to use win2k, however I can't seem
    to get hibernation mode to work with it.

    After installing win2k on a partition, and creating another partition
    (FAT16) for the hibernation file, i then boot up into win2k, use:
    ps2.exe hfile e
    e, being the hibernation partition. The application then creates the
    partition. The win32 version of the thinkpad config utility is also
    installed on the system, as well as the power management features
    package from IBM.

    So i have a good hibernation file and partition setup. The BIOS is
    also up to date, using the latest revision (ITET55WW). I installed
    win2k AFTER applying this bios patch, so all should be well with ACPI.

    however...

    Under the hibernation settings in power managment properties, instead
    of the IBM hibernation tab, there's the windows 2000 hibernation tab,
    which i guess will not w2ork with the Fn + 12 hotkey. Also when i try
    'ps2.exe hib', it tells me that "This feature is not supported on this
    configuration."

    Has anyone here managed to get this model, or a similar thinkpad to
    use the hardware hibernation under windows 2000?

    Alternativley, would anyone know what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks for any help.

    Walter How, Sep 12, 2003