    cable.. thanks..

    regards,
    sam

    Sam Wong, May 22, 2004

  2. Sam Wong

    JHEM Guest

    No.

    JHEM, May 22, 2004

  3. Sheesh, now you sound like me!

    Bruce Markowitz, May 23, 2004
  4. Sam Wong

    Tom Scales Guest

    But IBM DOES makes a USB2 drive.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 23, 2004
  5. Sam Wong

    Guest Guest

    He's had a... tough week in the new forum! <g>

    Nonny

    Guest, May 23, 2004
  6. Sam Wong

    JHEM Guest

    That's not ALWAYS a bad thing! ;-)

    --
    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, May 23, 2004
  7. Sam Wong

    JHEM Guest

    Probably because I had forgotten what a magnet forums were for the average
    anal annulus!

    --
    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, May 23, 2004
  8. Sam Wong

    Guest Guest

    LOL He was one, wasn't he? It was one thing when he got me going (and
    we all know how mild-mannered a little mousie can be <g>), but he even
    got Ian going! You'd think he'd maligned a UNO or something!

    Nonny

    Guest, May 23, 2004
  9. Sam Wong

    Sapper Guest

    Yes and that drive connects thru the USB port. Actually IBM sells a USB2
    Portable CD-RW drive, and Combo USB2 DVD / RW CD drive (Part # 22P5297 and
    22P9194 respectively).

    When you say 'connect the IBM ultrabay slim drive' to parallel or USB you
    are talking of a different animal - such a cable is not marketed by IBM, and
    it would be pretty tough to make it.

    Sapper, May 24, 2004
  10. Probably, if you can find a Portable Drive Bay *2000*, which supports USB
    and PCMCIA connections, but has been discontinued (so check eBay). You'll
    also need the Ultrabay Slim to Ultrabay 2000 adapter.

    JL

    Johnnie Leung, May 24, 2004