IBM Thinkpad R40 - Keyboard

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by John Winward, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. John Winward

    John Winward Guest

    Hello,

    I recently got my hands on an IBM Thinkpad R40.

    I am having great difficulty trying to get Windows XP Professional to
    MAP / SUPPORT the keyboard correctly.

    No matter what REGION i set (ie UK, US etc) none of the keys on the
    keyboard actually do what they say they do when you press them. A lot
    of keys have 2 or 3 functions to them.

    For example, if you press the "=" key, you get a "?" instead.

    Are there specifc drivers for these IBM models to overcome this?

    TIA

    John

    John Winward, Apr 29, 2004

  2. John Winward