    any help please

    thank you in advance

    regards chris

    christopher.gibson900, Jun 26, 2007

  2. christopher.gibson900

    Ben Myers Guest

    Chris,

    Start with the motherboard chipset drivers and the drivers for the built-in
    graphics. First, install the motherboard chipset drivers, if they are not
    already installed in the system. Next, install the video/graphics drivers. Once
    the graphics drivers are installed, you can adjust the screen resolution to the
    optimum supported by the hardware and fill the entire display with the Windows
    screen image.

    Look at the info in the Device Manager tab (window) of the System icon in the
    Control Panel. If you see any yellow exclamation points or red marks next to
    devices, you need to install the drivers for them. As a rule, none of the
    Windows CDs have absolutely complete sets of drivers for all possible hardware
    configurations, so additional drivers need to be installed from one of three
    sources: a driver CD supplied with the computer at the time of purchase, the
    system manufacturer's web site (IBM/Lenovo, of course), or the chipset
    manufacturer's web site (as a last resort)... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 26, 2007

  3. The BIOS has been set to maintain true LCD resolution. So, if what is being
    displayed is 640X480 (which the windows boot screens are), that's what you
    will see. Instead of interpolating the display, it will only use the center
    640X480 pixels.

    I actually prefer this. I hate interpolation.

    You can change this in the BIOS. It's been years since I've done it, so
    you'll have to scrounge around for it.

    -Larry

    Larry \(The Other Larry\), Jun 26, 2007
  4. He's talking about durning boot (the dos section). Windows drivers have no
    effect here.

    -Larry

    Larry \(The Other Larry\), Jun 26, 2007
  5. christopher.gibson900

    Ben Myers Guest

    I guess that I misunderstood... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 26, 2007
  6. hi thanks ben and larry for your answers.

    not to good on the computers so if anyone can help me on how to do the
    bios settings for the screen size would be very helpful once again
    thank you.
    regards chris

    christopher.gibson900, Jun 27, 2007
  7. We're all misunderstood :) Don't sweat it!

    -Larry

    Larry \(The Other Larry\), Jun 27, 2007
  8. I'm afraid I don' thave a T21 handy at the moment :(

    -Larry

    Larry \(The Other Larry\), Jun 27, 2007
  9. christopher.gibson900

    none Guest

    Is he? But chris says

    none, Jun 27, 2007
  10. christopher.gibson900

    Star Gazer Guest

    I thought he mentioned the desktop and the mouse only going to the edge.
    Sounds like it's booted to me

    Star Gazer, Jun 27, 2007
  11. Let me see if I can clear this up...

    There are three ways to display the video on an LCD:

    1. Native Mode - The display mode resolution is set to match the physical
    characteristics of the display. I this case, 1024X768. The LCD has 1024X768
    physical pixels available.

    2. Interpolation - The display mode resolution is set to LOWER than the
    LCD's physical resolution. In this case, 4 pixels may be used on the screen
    to create one pixel of the video to be displayed. This is called
    interpolation. It usually results in a blocky, fuzzy image on the screen.

    3. Native Mode/Reduced - The video is displayed in the correct Native
    Resolution for the LCD being used, but since the video is formated in fewer
    pixels than the LCD, it is centered on the display and any left-over pixels
    are left black, creating the border. In this case, the DOS startup screens
    are 640X480, so an area of 640X480 pixels are activated in the center of the
    LCD, and the video is painted there.

    Native Mode/Reduced is a term I made up just to give this mode a name.

    -Larry

    Larry \(The Other Larry\), Jun 28, 2007
  12. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Just download the video drivers from www.IBM.com, install them and then set
    the video resolution to 1024X768 (or 1400X1050 if you have a hi res LCD).
    DONE

    Bruce Markowitz, Jun 29, 2007
  13. christopher.gibson900

    Lars Guest

    Good grief indeed!

    Hold down the blue Fn button and then press F8. Basta!

    Lars
    Stockholm
    Visit the big ACF freeware wiki:
    http://freeware.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

    Lars, Jun 29, 2007
  14. NO
    That works for DOS apps (but the T21 does not really do expansion anyway)
    but does not control the Windoze screen resolution. You need to do the GOOD
    GRIEF THING.

    Bruce Markowitz, Jun 30, 2007