IBM ThinkPad T40p key board is really poor and need help to fix it

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by George, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. George

    George Guest

    I really like this laptop, but you folks that have been swearing by
    ThinkPads seem to have low standards.

    It's noisey.

    The key strokes are too long.

    And if you have a light touch the keys don't fire. I miss keys all the
    time.

    The spacebar is really bad, if you push on the left it's ok, push on
    the right and it rarely fires.

    I think the space bar can be repaired by trimming some excess plastic
    off the bottom. Does anyone know how to safely remove the key so I can
    inspect and possibly repair it. If all else fails I will call in for
    a repair but fixing it my self may be less pain.

    George, Oct 8, 2003

  2. It is a field replaceable unit.
    Call IBM, they will send you a new one

    Bruce Markowitz, Oct 9, 2003