    the Cross Pen software interface. Does anyone know if XP
    Tablet PC Edition will run on this system? Any major
    issues? How would I upgrade from XP Pro?

    Richard Lidbom, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Richard Lidbom

    Chris H. Guest

    The Tablet PC Edition is only fully compatible on OEM Tablet PCs, Richard,
    because they're built to strict hardware compliance for the features. One
    of the critical features of the Tablet PCs is the sample rate at which Ink
    is recognized, that being more than 100 samples per second (with a
    recommended minimum of 133 per second), whereas older systems or even
    desktops using a mouse for inking only sample the strokes at around 40 per
    second.

    Also, the Tablet PC Edition is available only two places (1) on OEM machines
    and (2) with a subscription from MSDN for developmental purposes only.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Jul 6, 2003