ibm tp 240 standby problem

Discussion in 'IBM' started by John G, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. John G

    John G Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I have an IBM thinkpad 240, I think it's the greatest laptop ever
    created. I have no problems with it wxcept one thing. Sometimes it hangs
    after it enters standby mode (turns of the screen). When I touch the
    mouse or keyboard to wake it it spins up again, the problem is that it
    is not responsive and only shows about half the screen (the other part
    is totally black).

    This problem has never happened when waking the the laptop from suspend
    mode (when you have to press the powerbutton to wake it up)

    I'm running windows 2000 (sp 4) and I have 192Mb ram. I have never
    updated the BIOS but I bought it used, so the previous owner might have
    updated it.

    Do any of you know if someone else have had (or still has) this problem
    and if there are any known remedies.

    Happy 2004!
    /john

    John G, Jan 18, 2004

  2. John G

    Michael Guest

    Did you check the IBM site for BIOS updates? Wouldn't take long to D/L
    whatever they have and flash your machine. If it's already at that
    level, the update prodram will tell you.

    The ThinkPad 750/750C also had wake-up problems. Drove me nuts until I
    updated BIOS.

    Michael, Jan 28, 2004

  3. John G

    John G Guest

    Thank you very much! I think I'll do that. This machine is a few years old.

    /john

    John G, Feb 6, 2004
  4. John G

    Michael Guest

    So is the ThinkPad 750C! :) (FCS 1993?) It's still running. OS/2
    Warp 3 on 32 megs of RAM.

    Michael, Feb 8, 2004